MA/M Sc in Public Policy
The Department offers a two-year program on MA/MSc in Public Policy and is open to a graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 60% mark in the qualifying examination. The candidates will be selected based on an Entrance Test and an Interview. Candidates with work experience of a minimum of 2 years will be preferred.
The post-graduate program in Public Policy is intended to
● Sensitize the students to the social issues and the ways they are analyzed and understood; the policies, laws, rules, and regulations that are formulated, implemented, and enforced; and the impact they make on the quality of life of the public.
● Equip the students with adequate multidisciplinary, intersectional, analytical, data analytics, problem-solving, policy-making and decision making, behavioral, and communication skills to address public policy issues both nationally and internationally.
● Help the students to internalize the skills by mixing theory with practice (in the form of group assignments, laboratories, summer internships, and real-world-problem-based theses).
● Expose the students to multiple practical cases and to experiences of public policy leaders to relate their understanding of the subjects to the realities of the practicing world.
● Prepare the students to take up challenging socio-techno-political tasks related to public policy in public, non-profit, and private sectors.
This is a two-year program for MA/MSc in Public Policy. The curriculum provides for sensitizing the students to the intricacies of the practice of public policy in many forms. The program amalgamates the core elements of sociology, political science, public administration, leadership, economics and public finance, and law, assistive elements of qualitative and quantitative research methods, numerical and textual data analytics,
computational techniques, and oral and written communication and contextual elements of society, urban systems, energy and environment, healthcare, and governance and government. It also covers the detailed aspects of design, project management, implementation, and impact evaluation of public policies.
An individual effort at policy analysis and design is far from adequate. What one requires today is a team approach to policy studies—teams whose members take multiple perspectives of issues, design alternatives, evaluation yardsticks, and implementation challenges, and adopt cross-disciplinary approaches with shared mental models. It is with this shared view that the KIIT University has established the Department of Public Policy.